These three delectable desserts are some of our favorites that we’ve found in the blogosphere. Discover how to create your own hemp oil dessert recipes from these food and hemp wellness bloggers. Plus, make sure to review the “tips for baking with CBD oil” at the end for important things to know when using hemp oil.
- Small-Batch Anti-Anxiety CBD Cookies
Why we love it
Sometimes you just want a quick fix and not a huge batch of cookies that you’ll inevitably eat over the course of a couple days. This yummy CBD cookie recipe incorporates healthy nuts and seeds, which offer a nice dose of fiber alongside its sugary goodness.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 20 mg CBD oil or tincture
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp finely copped Brazil nuts
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Position rack in the center of the oven, then preheat to 325F.
- Mix butter with sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Stir in egg yolk, vanilla and CBD oil. Next, add in flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Finally, the chocolate chips, nuts, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds.
- Divide batter into four equal portions. Gently roll each into a ball and arrange, 3-in. apart, on parchment-lined baking sheet. (Cookies will spread as they bake.)
- Bake until cookies are golden around edges, 15 to 18 min. Let cookies stand on sheet for 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely or serve warm.
This recipe yields four cookies, each with about 5 mg of CBD.
- CBD Oil Brownie Recipe
Why we love it
This recipe was created by a holistic health coach who says they are “perfect for reducing anxiety, insomnia, inflammation and more.” Not your typical brownie batch, this one includes coffee, pink salt and raw cacao powder for extra-tasty oomph.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tbsp prepared coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 3-7 droppers 1000 mg CBD Oil
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and coconut sugar. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat on high until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Mixture will have increased in volume and will be sticky, rather than thin or runny.
- Stir in almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, cooled liquid coffee and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips until the chocolate has just melted. Remove from heat and then add CBD oil. Stir until completely smooth, then pour into the brownie batter. Stir well to combine and then fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan, making sure batter fills all corners evenly. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs. The toothpick should not be coated in batter, but it should not be clean, either. When you see moist crumbs, remove from the oven and let cool completely on the counter or on a wire rack.
- When cool, lift out of the baking pan using the sides of the parchment paper. Cut into 9 equal squares.
The amount of oil you use in the recipe, depends on your desired dose. She recommends starting with 3 droppers (about 10mg per brownie) and working your way up, if necessary, from there.
- CBD Carrot Cake
Why we love it
First, how delicious does this sound? Baking a carrot cake is a bit more involved than our above two recipes, so this is for those who really want to flex their CBD baking muscle! It was created by a CBD chef who helped open the first full-service cannabis-infused kitchen in the country. Neat!
- 8 grated carrots or 1-pound bag baby carrots (use a food processor with the grate attachment)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 280 milligrams CBD for 10-milligram cupcakes (or whatever strength you like best, oil-based)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated optional)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 cup), soft
- 2 eight-ounce packs cream cheese, soft
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons real vanilla
To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350F (low convection).
- Whisk together eggs, oil and oil-based CBD till blended in a large mixing bowl. You don’t need a mixer for this and can do it by hand.
- Add vanilla and grated carrots.
- Now mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine flour mixture into wet carrot mixture. The mix will look like slop, but it’s so good!
- You can bake the mixture into cupcakes (makes 28), round cakes (makes 2) or in a large 9×13 glass Pyrex dish.
- Bake until golden and when toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Let cool for a while, then chill for 1 hour before icing.
Note: You can add walnuts and soft raisins to the cake mix if you like. Mix them in with the dry ingredients to incorporate them into the batter or chop them and press them into the icing before you chill the cake.
For the icing
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter till smooth.
- Now add cream cheese a bit at a time, scraping down the sides so it doesn’t clump up.
- When smooth start to slowly add the powdered sugar a bit at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth and soft.
- Ice your cake let it chill for an hour or more before serving.
Tips for Baking with CBD Oil
The blog Choosing Chia provides some great tips in its Ultimate Guide to Cooking with CBD. We’ve included some of them below.
- Do not heat your CBD oil. Combine it with your baking mixture instead. Heating the oil too high will have a decrease in the oils overall effectiveness.
- Use high-quality CBD oil. Incorporate oil from a reputable brand (like Karibo)!
- Start small. Begin with just a small amount of CBD oil when you’re first getting used to cooking or baking with it.
- Use CBD in recipes with a fat, such as butter or olive oil, in them. This is why hemp oil is such a natural fit for baking—most everything has an oil!
- Store your CBD in a cool dry place. This ensures it stays fresh.
More Hemp Oil Recipes
Hemp oil dessert recipes aren’t the only delicious CBD-infused treats you can enjoy! Watch this video, where CBD insider Shana Lydle talks about tea and CBD oil recipe creations.